Wednesday, August 15, 2007




ON THE LOT
Episode 15
The Final Three

Sam. Dude.
Like Andrew and Zach, I’ll be keeping my eye out for you.
And “Replication Theory” still rocks.

So we’ve got the Final Three, and for that crucial final vote, they each chose two shorts from everything they’ve directed for the show: Jason chose “Eternal Waters” and “Sweet,” Will chose “Glass Eye” and “The Yes Men,” and Adam chose “Dough: The Musical” and “Army Guy.” (See my past reviews in the Archive for my reactions to them after their first runs.)
For those of you who’ve been following my reviews of the show’s shorts, you’ll know that I’m rooting for two of these guys, but based on the choices tonight, Adam takes the cake, since both his picks were Favorites of mine during their respective premieres (and “Dough” is pretty much a stand-out from the entire competition).
But of course, what do I know?
I mean, Jason’s got that whole country boy thing going, and Will’s the family man. (And let’s face it, in these sort of reality competition shows, image and personality count too.) It really is anyone’s ball game, and next week should prove interesting.

(Contestant images courtesy of thelot.com.)

2 comments:

Reg said...

Damn, I felt totally gypped with this episode. I mean, choosing 2 of their favorites and showing them again? Complete waste of time for someone who follows the show.

space monkey said...

i know what you mean.
i really wonder if this was all part of the original plan, or was this one of those contingencies they came up with when it becamse clear that ratings were not what they hoped they would be...
reportedly, even the budget allocated for the short films was also affected by the low ratings.
(and with andrew and zach gone, yeeesh...)