Wednesday, September 14, 2016


¡QUÉ HORROR2016
Candidate #14

ANTIBIRTH
(January 2016)


"I just... I really can't be pregnant, all right? It is not my style…”


So, seriously. Look at that cast.
Natasha Lyonne (pulling down double duty as one of the producers, too!), Chloë Sevigny, and Meg Tilly!
Do I have to say anything more?!

If I do, then this sordid little bit of lo-fi horror from writer/director Danny Perez is, by far, the most off-the-wall, bizarre candidate this year.
Hard partying Lou (Lyonne)--who was definitely not in line when God was giving out maternal instincts--discovers, to her boozy, laid-back annoyance, that she’s beginning to exhibit signs of pregnancy, when, as far as she’s concerned, she can’t be (“… I think I’d remember if I had someone’s c*ck in me”).
As it turns out, “pregnant” is an absurd oversimplification of what takes place in Antibirth.

Check it out for the cast, then stay for the gooey bits…

(Antibirth OS courtesy of impawards.com.)

No comments: