Sunday, November 8, 2020

'VERSE UPDATE 2020 (1)

Story has always served to help keep my head above water, especially when the seas are particularly tempestuous (as they have been, and continue to be, in TFNY 2020).

A significant part of what got me through the nightmare of the past 8 months or so was doing my part in telling the ‘Verse Story.

can’t speak for the mighty fine artists who worked through quarantine to fill my Inbox with pages of art that managed to keep my spirits up and kept me going, but for me, working on the comics--whether it was lettering the pages that were coming in, or writing scripts--was me defiantly waving a double bird salute to all the grief and anxiety in the most creative way I knew how.

So, yes.
There are new ‘Verse issues on the way.
 
And, thanx to Avenida, you’ll be able to order those new issues (and some previously released ones) from your home.
Long-time ‘Verse readers will perhaps rightly guess that, in some other alternate timeline, these new issues (4 of them) would have been the new releases at good old NovKon.
As far as our world goes though, you’ll need to click on over to the Avenida website, and then have them delivered to you.
But not yet, though.
I’ll be posting again with another announcement once I get the green light from Avenida that all is ready on their end.
 
For now, these are the cover images for the 2 new issues releasing in Wave 1.



The other 2 new issues will be released as part of Wave 2, sometime early next year.
 
More details on the new releases (as well as the old issues also becoming available to order on Avenida) in the next announcement.
 
For now:
 
To the artists I’ve had the privilege to collaborate with on the ‘Verse titles:
 
To those who stayed radio silent throughout quarantine, I truly hope you’re all doing well.
If you happen to be reading this, please drop me a line. It would be great to hear from you;
 
To those who reached out, I’m glad to have heard from you, and I hope you’re continuing to stay safe (and sane);
 
And to those who joined me in working through TFNY 2020 (you know who you are), thanx SO much for your hard work and dedication.
These comics would not exist without you.
 
And to all you mighty fine folk out there, supporting these new releases won’t just be a show of support for my writing.
 
You’ll also be supporting Avenida, without whose order/delivery infrastructure these issues would not be available under the current circumstances.
https://www.myavenida.com/
 
You’ll be supporting Reno Maniquis, proprietor of Ye Olde Print Shoppe, CreativeTrio.
https://www.facebook.com/creativetriodesign/
https://www.instagram.com/creativetriodesign/?hl=en
 
You'll be showing your support for the local, self-publishing comics scene.

And you’ll of course, be supporting the mighty fine artists who’ve worked on these issues.
 
But aside from that, you’ll also be supporting Story.
And the Voices that are helping to tell that Story.
 
Please continue to stay safe and sane, and keep an eye out for the next announcement, once Avenida is ready to accept orders.

you can't drink just six,

Dave


No comments: