Tuesday, October 4, 2016


A Rundown of the 13 Best Horror Movies I've Seen in the Past Year
[11 of 13]


10 CLOVERFIELD LANE
(March 2016)


So in mid-January, Bad Robot stealthbombed us with the trailer for a heretofore unannounced “spiritual successor” to ¡Q horror! 2008 title, Cloverfield, Dan Trachtenberg’s 10 Cloverfield Lane (which began life as The Cellar, and was developed and produced under the code name Valencia).

The initial trailer--brilliantly orchestrated to Tommy James & The Shondells’ “I Think We’re Alone Now”--certainly revved up my geek engine, and I was in constant fear of getting spoiled by the Internets before I had a chance to see the film.
Luckily, I was not, and here we are, with a ¡Q horror! 2016 slot staked out in its own name.

I will, of course, not tell you anything that you can’t pick up from the trailer, other than this…
Though Trachtenberg has confirmed that “… [Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane] are not in the same timeline,” look who’s the Bold Futura Employee of the Month for February 2016
John Goodman’s Howard Stambler…
Hrrmmm…
Maybe this is an alternate reality from the original Cloverfield, and an alternate reality Tagruato Corporation…?

Whatever the case, in this reality, 10 Cloverfield Lane is a solid title worthy of some ¡Q horror! love…

 

(10 Cloverfield Lane OS’ courtesy of impawards.com.)

No comments: